"...we are what we pretend to be..."

-Kurt Vonnegut

Salutations.

My photo
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
My name is Wendy. I am a third generation A.B.C.D- American Born Chinese Degenrate. I love dancing like Hugh Grant. I have three goldfishes, a twenty two metre lap pool, bad hair in the morning and even worse hair by the afternoon. I admire Kevin Rudd's eyebrows and deplore Joseph McCarthy's attempt of a "Red America." I believe in protest, Harry Potter and his quest against The Dark Lord and my love for newborn puppies. But most of all, prenuptial agreement. I don't believe in VEGANISM... or cheesy "Impact" t-shirts with cheesy "Impact" slogans. Or that there should be a full stop at the end of a sentence. TALK TO ME. I won't disappoint.

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

not much to inspire my vote...

The 2010 election to me can only be summarised in one word: WEIRD. Frankly, the two parties have done little to nothing to inspire my vote.
Government is, to me, is governing the people. In order to do this we must ensure the people are in a happy place, we ensure they’re living standards are comfortable and sustainable. To ensure comfort and sustainability, the Government needs to manage our money. Therefore, POLITICS=ECONOMICS. Though both parties seem to understand this concept, granted they are horrible economists. People don’t care about how you campaign, its about the contents of your campaign that concerns them: THEIR HARD EARNED MONEY. All I can really see is the two parties continually delving into the country’s seemingly inexhaustible bag of money for a fraction of Australian’s vote, they’re basically the playing the parents to us (the Australian Public) by buying our love (vote.) Professional much?
Though both parties’ ceases to stir mind or capture my interest, I can swear without a shadow of a doubt, that my I will not be voting for Julia Gillard as PM. My frustrations are as follows:
- Politicians and PR practitioners alike are often stereotypically portrayed as professional liars. Who in their right mind halfway through their campaign, start saying “I was not the real Julia in the past, but she is here now.” IDIOCY.

- She is an iconic Australian public advocate for Atheism and yet she’s paid an estimated 1.5 million dollars in the canonization of Australian Saint, Mary McKilop. She is the paradigm of desperation and hypocrisy.
She’s acting under the Australian campaigning rules of engagement of “protect your front runner status” by conforming to society’s ideal of “the right thing to do” The “real” Julia Gillard did not step forward. She is a whore to the Australian Public. SHE IS AN ATHIEST.
- She has no idea on when the troops are doing in Afghanistan nor when they should be retuning to home turf. She side stepped any questions about the war in Iraq she quoted what Howard said “The thing that defines how long we’re going to be there is getting the job done and not a deadline in time.” Stock answer for a stock politician I say. Being that she already knows nothing about government spending, she can at least redeem herself by deploying the troops from a senseless and suicidal war and save tax payers $1.2 billion dollars a year AND countless lives of our soldiers.

As for the Greens, what better way to promote your campaign for the environment than by nailing your campaign posters on the trunks of the Great Sothern’s old grown forest? They have as much chances of winning this election as Lindsay Lohan has winning her battle with alcohol.

Public Relation's wise, I'm sure both parties have covered some good air time
In the celebrity world, any press is good press. But this is certainly not applicable in the political world. From what I can see, I’m not impressed. In anycase I can only vote for Liberal by default. MEH.

2 comments:

  1. This is well informed but with strong opinions which make it interesting to read. Too bad about the outcome, right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanksssss =) I try not to *ahem* write bias..yes, VERY dissappointing!

    ReplyDelete