"...we are what we pretend to be..."

-Kurt Vonnegut

Salutations.

My photo
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
My name is Wendy. I am a third generation A.B.C.D- American Born Chinese Degenrate. I love dancing like Hugh Grant. I have three goldfishes, a twenty two metre lap pool, bad hair in the morning and even worse hair by the afternoon. I admire Kevin Rudd's eyebrows and deplore Joseph McCarthy's attempt of a "Red America." I believe in protest, Harry Potter and his quest against The Dark Lord and my love for newborn puppies. But most of all, prenuptial agreement. I don't believe in VEGANISM... or cheesy "Impact" t-shirts with cheesy "Impact" slogans. Or that there should be a full stop at the end of a sentence. TALK TO ME. I won't disappoint.

Thursday, August 5, 2010

NETWORKING, IS POWER.

If I didn't learn anything in my first three weeks in PR, I definitely learnt this: NETWORKING IS POWER. The public relations industry is about what you know and who you know.
In this day in age, the Gen Y generation are accustomed to having everything RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW. Social networks such as Twitter, Linked in and Facebook allows us to meet people outside our physical social circles. And that is where we tie blogging in. It is the pinnacle of current businss and social networking communications.
More and more businesses are beginning to embrace the blogging world. In blogging we are able to share up to date information in real time and reach people beyond our target audience. With applications such as commenting and reviewing we are able to recieve feedback straight away.
In a Public Relations Officer's perspective and your product or person's public image goes awry, you need to be the first to communicate to the world in rectifying the matter.
The power of blogging and social networking in great as the possiblities in communication is really ENDLESS.

No comments:

Post a Comment