"...we are what we pretend to be..."

-Kurt Vonnegut

Salutations.

My photo
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
My name is Wendy. I am a third generation A.B.C.D- American Born Chinese Degenrate. I love dancing like Hugh Grant. I have three goldfishes, a twenty two metre lap pool, bad hair in the morning and even worse hair by the afternoon. I admire Kevin Rudd's eyebrows and deplore Joseph McCarthy's attempt of a "Red America." I believe in protest, Harry Potter and his quest against The Dark Lord and my love for newborn puppies. But most of all, prenuptial agreement. I don't believe in VEGANISM... or cheesy "Impact" t-shirts with cheesy "Impact" slogans. Or that there should be a full stop at the end of a sentence. TALK TO ME. I won't disappoint.

Monday, November 22, 2010

14 (THAT) Vitamin C Song

What I’ve learned

I came into PR like every other schmuck- I had no idea. PR is not your typical course. PR cannot be learnt from a text book. It’s one’s innate ability to make bad things go GOOD.
How I’ve personally grown
I am a Grade A procrastinator. “Am” being the operative word here, as I still am a procrastinator. But since being in this class, I may have developed better time management skills.

What I have developed and learned about myself?

PR has taught me that this industry is all about maintaining equilibrium. There is always a fine line drawn between making and being friends and managing a team just as there is a fine line between developing good relations and company botching them.
I’ve learned that if I had one chance to do something, I have to really give it my all. I have since developed great pride in my work and have become more confident in my writing.

My final thoughts

Thank you, Cert IV in Public Relations, for reawakening my perspicacity. I’ve spent years wandering in career limbo and now, (as cliché as it sounds) I think I’ve found something that I am passionate about enough to pursue a career in.As a PR practitioner, you are not a one man army. I have been fortunate enough to be able to work with experienced lecturers and talented fellow classmates in collaborating fun campaigns. I look forward to next year’s class!

No comments:

Post a Comment